Touching Shoulders (By: Lawrence Holtzberry)


There's a comforting thought at the close of the day

When I'm weary and lonely and sad;

That sort of grips hold of this poor old heart

And bids it be merry and glad.

It gets in my being, and drives out the blues
And finally thrills through and through;
It's just a sweet memory that chants this refrain,

"I'm glad I touched shoulders with you."
Did you know you were brave?

Did you know you were strong?

Did you know there was one leaning hard?

Did you know that I waited, and listened, and prayed,
And was cheered by your simplest word?
Did you know that I longed for the smile on your face,
For the sound of your voice ringing true?
Did you know I grew stronger and better,
Because
 "I had merely touched shoulders with you."
I'm glad that I live, that I battle and strive,

For a place that I know I must fill;

I'm thankful for sorrows
I'll meet with a grin
,
What fortune may bring, good or ill;

I may not have wealth, I may not be great,

But I know I will always be true;
For I have in my life that courage you gave,

When once, "I touched shoulders with you!"
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...