The Cross is not Greater (By: Ballington Booth)

The cross that He gave may be heavy,
But it never outweighs His grace;
The storm that I feared may surround me,
But it never excludes His face.

The thorns in my path are not sharper
Than composed His crown for me;
The cup that I drink not more bitter
Than He drank in Gethsemane.

The cross is not greater than His grace,
The storm cannot hide His blessed face;
I am satisfied to know
That with Jesus here below,
I can conquer every foe.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

robert said...

Thanks for posting Ballington Booth's gospel song. (Today is the 153rd anniversary of his birth.) If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my blog, Wordwise Hymns. It's an almanac of hymn history, something new every day.

Lynne said...

Thank you, Robert, for your comment and for pointing that out to me! Your blog is wonderful and I can't wait to read more! What a GREAT blessing it is for me to read about the hymn writer's lives as well, because it usually explains exactly how they can write such moving, Godly hymns....because they have lived it out, by enduring trials and seeing God's grace in their lives and deliverance! THESE are our heroes who never died, for their powerful words continue many years later to live on and point us to God and speak to our hearts. God uses them still today, and for that, we are so blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...