Calm Me, My God (By: Horatius Bonar)

Calm me, my God, and keep me calm,
While these hot breezes blow;
So like the night dew's cooling balm
Upon earth's fevered brow.

Calm me, my God, and keep me calm,
Soft resting on Thy breast;
Soothe me with holy hymn and psalm,
And bid my spirit rest.

Yes, keep me calm, though loud and rude
The sounds my ear that greet,
Calm in the closet's solitude,
Calm in the bustling street;

Calm in the hour of buoyant health,
Calm in the hour of pain
Calm in my poverty or wealth,
Calm in my loss or gain.

Calm 'mid the restless, heaving throng,
Who do not know Thy name;
Calm in the sufferance of wrong,
Like Him who bore my shame.

Calm as the ray of sun or star
Which storms assail in vain;
Moving unruffled through earth's war,
The eternal calm to gain.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...