Let Me Burn Out For Thee (By: Bessie Hatcher)

Missionary Jim Elliot loved this hymn:

O God, the world is lost in sin,
And so few that seem to care;
Many of whom profess Thy Name, No burden will help to bear.
We need a passion, Lord, for souls,
To bring the lost back to Thee;
Our hearts must be stirred till all have heard
At least once of Calvary.

Let me burn out for Thee, dear Lord,
Burn and wear out for Thee;
Don’t let me rust, or my life be a failure, my God, to Thee.
Use me and all I have, dear Lord,
And hold me so close to Thee,
That I feel the throb of the great heart of God
Until I burn out for Thee.

How cold has been our giving, Lord!
How selfish our love has been,
Keeping from those who never heard
The gospel that saves from sin!
How often we have turned aside,
Neglecting to do our part,
Forgetting Thy tears and agony;
Forgetting Thy bleeding heart.

Meet us and break us up, dear Lord,
Until driven to our knees.
Bare to our gaze, Thy cross and love,
Of blood-baptized Calvary.
Speak till we hear again Thy call
And hold nothing back from Thee.
Oh, burn on our hears the hopeless wail
Of souls damned eternally.

O God, with shame I humbly bow,
In tears and a contrite heart.
Forgive me for the broken vows
And failure to do my part.
I heed Thy call and say “Farewell”
To all that would hinder me;
Thy grace and Thy love to lost ones tell,
And my life burn out for Thee.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...