The Peace of a Perfect Trust (Author Unknown)


Oh for the peace of a perfect trust,
My loving God in Thee;
Unwavering faith that never doubts
Thou choosest best for me.

Best, though my plans be all upset;
Best, though my way be rough;
Best, though my earthly store be scant;
In Christ I have enough.

Best, though my health and strength be gone;
Though weary days be mine,
Shut out from much that others have--
Not my will, but Thine.

And e'en though disappointments come,
They, too, are best for me--
To wean me from this changing world,
And lead me nearer Thee.

Oh, for the peace of a perfect trust,
That looks away from all,
And sees Thy Hand in everything--
In great events and small;

That hears Thy voice--a Father's voice,
Directing for the best.
Oh, for the peace of a perfect trust,
A heart with Thee at rest.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...