MY SAVIOR KNOWS (By: Margaret Clarkson)

I do not know what next may come
Across my pilgrim way;
I do not know tomorrow's road,
Nor see beyond today.
But this I know --my SAVIOR knows
The path I cannot see;
And I can trust His wounded hand
To guide and care for me.

I do not know what may befall,
Of sunshine or of rain;
I do not know what may be mine,
Of pleasure and of pain;
But this I know -- my SAVIOR knows
And whatsoe'er it be
Still I can trust his love to give
What will be best for me.

I do not know what may await,
Or what the morrow brings;
But with the glad salute of faith,
I hail its opening wings;
For this I know -- that my LORD
Shall all my needs be met;
And I can trust the heart of Him,
Who has not failed me yet.

Transmuting earthly sorrows

To gold of heavenly gain,

All evil overruling,

As none but Conqueror could,

Your love pursues its purpose—

Our souls’ eternal good.

O Father, You are sovereign!
We see You dimly now,

But soon before Your triumph

Earth’s every knee shall bow.

With this glad hope before us

Our faith springs forth anew:

Our Sovereign Lord and Savior,

We trust and worship You!
Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Unknown said...

A dear departed sister in the lord recently passed away and on the front page of her bible was the 3rd stanza of this beautiful written poem. I read it at her funeral and concluded my sermon/presentation with the last stanza. Thanks Margaret for a well writ poem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...