OPEN MY HEART


Lord,
Change my perspective
And open my mind,
No longer judging others
Or walking with the blind.

Because of the rebels,
The schemers on quests,
Peace is not shared;
I lose hope for the rest.

To those who are willing,
Why don’t I reach out,
Like to neighbors of color,
That’s what love’s about.

You loved the Gentiles
And Jews all the same,
Even the rulers
Who mocked Your own name.

I must reach deep down
And search my own heart;
Oh, give me the joy,
Don’t let it depart.

Each person that walks
In my path is from You;
What can You teach me
From those made by You?

If I live in fear
Or carry a grudge;
Or hold onto anger
And ignore and just judge;

I will not be following
After Your will,
The One who first loved me
And loves me still.

Instead make me take hold
And be a true friend,
And take others' hands
Sharing hope till the end.

Your grace has been given
To those who believe,
That You are the Savior
And never will leave.

When I share with the world
What You have given away,
May I still never forget
To follow Your way!
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...